Austin Business Tax Preparation
Marci Shafto has been performing business tax preparation in Austin for over 12 years. During that time she’s seen it all. One thing she knows for sure, is that failing to properly file your business taxes can quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars in penalties and interest on top of the taxes you already owe.
You can’t run from your taxes, but one thing you can do is manage your tax liability intelligently and professionally with the help of Marci Shafto CPA LLC.
We offer expertise on a wide array of business tax issues. Our goal is to help simplify the tax filing process, keep your business compliant, and minimize your tax liability.
Business Tax Preparation services:
- Year End & Quarterly Tax Preparation- We look at your quartlery income and determine appropriate withholdings based on what has been paid and what else is owed. We also project for the next two quarters in order to help your business plan ahead.
- Tax Planning– Are there purchases you should be making in this year? What assets have been purchased during the year that can be expensed? We review your estimated tax payments, net income projections and take a look at the big picture. Our goal is to determine the best strategies for cost reduction and to avoid paying unnecessary taxes. In addition to business tax planning, we also like to look at your personal income and taxes to find the perfect balance.
- Bookkeeping– There are many steps you can take to ensure that your books have been coded correctly to be in compliance with the tax code. Our business bookkeeping service includes account reconcilitation to ensure that all expenses have been accounted for, as well as formatting to ensure a quick and easy tax filing process at the end of the year. Well managed books result in fewer risks of getting it wrong, as well as less time during preparation, which can help minimize both your IRS liability and your professional service fees.
- Business Entity Selection– Are you selecting the appropriate entity type for your business? The tax implications of using a partnership, s-corp, or c-corp for your small business structure can vary significantly. Even if your business has been established for many years, reviewing its structure may still benefit you financially.
- Business Tax Credits– Is your business taking advantage of all of the available tax credits offered by the tax code? Many small business owners are surprised to find that they could be saving thousands a year in taxes simply by applying for relevant tax credits allotted for their business type. Some of the more common ones include the Business Research and the Manufacturing deduction credit. However, there are hundreds of different tax credits out there, and any single one of them could save you more that the cost of utilizing a professional business tax preparation service.
- Franchise Tax- We identify whether your business meets or exceeds the threshold required for filing, and apply appropriate deductions depending on your entity type.
- Online Filing- We use Online filing rather than paper filings as it allows to immediately see whether the return is accepted. In addition, it helps us avoid penalties that can occur as a result of oversights during the manual tax filing process.
Call or email us if you have any questions about business taxes. We’re based in North West Austin and offer free consultations to new clients.
See our Contact Us page.